Please take a moment to answer the poll question!

Scroll down to the bottom for the Shoutbox, It's at the VERY bottom!! Keep scrolling!!

Would you trust a driverless car to drive you around?

Friday, March 9, 2012

Gun Banning on Portland College Campuses

Portland colleges have banned students from carrying guns on their campuses...



...To be honest, I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand students might be safer from other students pulling guns out on them. On the other hand students might be in more danger since they are unable to defend themselves. Of course the campuses have their own security, but they can't protect everyone all the time.

I do think that when people get to college they should have the maturity to handle firearms responsibly. Those who would break the law by trying to kill another student wouldn't pay attention to a "No Guns" rule on campus anyway. This rule, on the outside, might look like a good idea. However, if you take a closer look, it's might not be such a good idea.

3 comments:

daniela said...

I am getting from your point of view that gun ban will not be respected by students who are really hard-headed after all. That this ban just looks good on the outside but on the inside, it's useless.
Well I think it will be for the good of all students.

sheds

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, I think that the only students who would pay attention to a ban like that are the "good" students. This ban might cut down "on the spot" murders (or shootings), but premeditated murders (or shootings) will most likely still be a problem.

Shout Box