Please take a moment to answer the poll question!
Would you trust a driverless car to drive you around?
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The Hunger Games
I watched "The Hunger Games" yesterday.
All I have to say to that is.... O....K.... anytime a movie leaves me with more questions than answers it's not a good thing. Like, how and why did the little "alliance" form during the game, Why did the boy from district 12 join the alliance and try to hunt down the girl that he was clearly in love with. Then he just joins her and helps her defeat the rest of them?? Why did the fighting break out in district 11?? She's not even from district 11!!
On a scale of 1 to 10 I would have to rate THG as a 4, it was good, but not that good.
Another thing is the brutality of the fighting in the movie. When you see a fight scene like this:
It's just cool, but when you see one like in THG it's just barbaric and wrong. People hacking other people up with axes and swords is just cruel and there is little reason behind it.
Labels:
at the movies,
control,
controller,
games,
government,
Killing Time,
law,
laws,
legal,
Movie,
Movie Reviews,
movie theaters,
movie trailers,
new movies,
questions,
questions answers,
rate
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
wow! this is an interesting movie to watch...I haven't seen this one yet..thanks for sharing!
Good post. I came away with mixed feelings as well. We are being entertained with teenagers killing each other. Another element missing from the movie is, "Why did these games begin?"
I have not seen this book or read these books. I don't want to-It is like the lottery with kids. Gangs led by lottery. The very worst part? many many many people are taking very young kids to this movie.
I know... this is NOT a movie for young kids. I work with young kids and I wouldn't recommend this movie to any of them!
Post a Comment