Please take a moment to answer the poll question!

Scroll down to the bottom for the Shoutbox, It's at the VERY bottom!! Keep scrolling!!

Would you trust a driverless car to drive you around?

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why do we need uniforms??

I'm now going to be talking about the schools in this world who require uniforms (in general, I have no specific school in mind). I know there are some good things with uniforms but we'll get to those in a bit. Let's start with the......

CONS

  • No individuality
  • Kids can't really become who they're supposed to be with this restriction
  • Kids can't show off what (or who) they believe in (or root for) on their clothes

With school uniforms kids have no sense of individuality. They can't be who they are and they can't express themselves because everyone is the same. They can't grow and turn into what they were made to be (making the kind of choices like what to wear helps with these things). They can't wear clothes with sayings or different things that they want to advocate for either.

PROS

  • Less Bullying (it won't all go away)
  • Economic Classes disappear

There are only a couple things that I can think of when it comes to wearing school uniforms. There is less bullying over what people are wearing including who (or what) people choose to display on their clothes! There will still be bullying though. Some people just bully to make themselves feel better and they don't care what the person is wearing! Also, the poor become richer and the rich become poorer! The students who are poorer and can't afford nice clothes like the other students don't have to feel intimidated, and the students who are richer can't show off and/or don't have to sit around listening to people ask for things (such as money).

Overall, I don't have a real strong opinion on this but I do think that students should be allowed to be who they are!! Uniforms just aren't necessary to establish order!! It can be done without them!

0 comments:

Shout Box